Image Map
Image Map

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Creating Art Canvases

My kids and I love browsing pinterest together and are always inspired by the crafts and recipes we come across by the dozens. Last week we decided to try our hand at creating a simple art canvas using varying colors of acrylic paint. We found our canvases 2 for $1 at a local dollar store and luckily we already had a whole slew of paints and brushes stashed away at home. The kids chose their colors, and with a little help setting up from Mommy, they got down to business. Can you which canvas was created by yours truly and which one was created by a small child??

 

My hubby was more than certain the top painting was done by my hands when in fact my oldest, who spends a little time painting every day, is the artist. That's right I was schooled by a 7 year old, and I'm totally ok with that, and more than a little proud. Look how pleased these little artists are of their handiworks. Now we have some whimsical new pieces to add some much needed color to our bland playroom.



1 comment:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

The first one is unbelievably good. I would have to agree, that little boy of yours is definitely an artist. I could see that hanging in an art gallery for sure.